In Telecom Mapping Made Easy: Discovering Your Network with TrueInsight Part 1, we covered how TrueInsight makes network mapping easy by introducing automation to speed up the process. This second blog post in the series details that process, so you can learn how this technology is right for your organization.
Step 1: Gathering Data
TrueInsight helps you understand the current state of your telecom services quickly, justifying telecom changes and expenses. The solution does this by gathering telecom inventory data automatically for you. You no longer have to spend months chasing down the right information and files from the right people, with key items falling through the cracks. Instead of searching for the answers, you already know the answers to questions, such as:
- What telecom infrastructure is in place right now? (private branch exchange (PBX), Plain old telephone service (POTS) etc).
- What types of telecom infrastructure does a location have?
- What percentage of phones are running off what types of telecom infrastructure?
- What rates are they paying? What are their agreements with IT suppliers?
- What’s the performance of the network at the location? Given past issues, is at risk for going down?
- Where is the actual network structure?
Before TrueInsight, answers to questions like these were stored in disparate databases or spreadsheets, and were hard to access and gather together. Using an innovative and revolutionary process, TrueInsight takes information from an enterprise's carriers, standardizes them and normalizes them to represent the data in a way that's easy for everyone to understand, in a single location.
Step 2: Inventory Capture
Once you have gathered all the information you have available, building your inventory manually takes a lot of time—sometimes several weeks spent in front of a computer standardizing information, creating lists and putting all the information together. You need answers to questions such as:
- Do we have enough bandwidth to do VOIP at this location?
- What are our expenses every month in every location?
- Could we save money and time by reallocating services?
- How do we make the transformation from POTs to PBX?
All these questions can be answered and managed by TrueInsight providing data on a locations telephone numbers, network capabilities, vendor, inventory type and total spend at every location. For instance, the Geographic Inventory Analytic view represents all these data points and allows you to search by state, city, zip code, inventory type, charges, charge type, vendor and more.
The technology links inventory to specific locations and establishes an inventory hierarchy from primary inventory to lower-level components and features, delivering quicker time to value.
In short, it gives you all the data you need to support your business decisions, justify changes or make the case for big telecom projects.
Step 3: Inventory Management
Manually, it’s hard to keep up with inventory changes and maintain accurate data. With TrueInsight, you’re capturing that inventory directly from the vendor. The automatic updates ensure it will always be accurate. Also, anything users do behind the scenes, such as creating or canceling a new order outside the system, is flagged, and you receive an alert.
TrueInsight supports inventory management by providing a complete visualization of your inventory, and the continuous synchronization of provisioned inventory data.
Your Enterprise Needs TrueInsight
TrueInsight allows your enterprise the automation to reduce the significant time and cost of telecom mapping and accurate telecom information to make smart business decisions. TrueInsight allows you to:
- Understand the current state of your telecom services quickly
- Increase the visibility of your services
- Reduce the time it takes to identify inventory issues
- Increase the accuracy of the system inventory
- Make meaningful decisions about your inventory
- Increase predictability