Updated January 18, 2022
Enterprise mobility management services are generally for large businesses and organizations that rely on remote capabilities to drive their workforce often struggle to keep pace with the market’s increasing dependence on mobile technology. These mobile devices play a critical role in the day-to-day function across company departments and enable the flow of information across geographic regions of large businesses. Having a strong Managed Mobility Services (MMS) platform in place is how the most successful companies are keeping pace with an evolving mobile landscape.
From device procurement to data protection and usage analysis, today’s advanced MMS portals enable Telecom Expenses Management (TEM) teams to keep track of thousands of devices across their life cycles on a single computer screen.
So how can you achieve the managed mobility services solution your business deserves? Here are six steps to incorporate into your MMS platform to ensure you get the most out of your mobile devices managed by your enterprise.
- Procurement Portal. The first stage in the mobile device lifecycle is procurement, and invariably, the first place where management of your mobile devices can go awry. Having a plan in place to manage catalogs, data/usage plans, and features for all mobile vendors is an important aspect of your managed mobility services. Centralizing these features into a single portal interface allows mobile management teams to quickly assess needs across your entire business.
- Expense Management. A well-designed mobility management platform should maximize each device's lifecycle and minimize wasteful spending. Management of invoicing across vendor engagements and throughout device lifecycles helps to verify contracted rates for your accounting teams against approved inventory lists. An easy-to-use reporting platform such as the Calero-MDSL Smart Dashboard provides you with an organized view of your mobile enterprise and the ability to assess and/or dispute charges.
- Usage Optimization. Verify the right plan with the correct end-user. Your mobility management platform should allow you to optimize device usage across each area of your business. Determine usage needs and make sure users have the services they need to operate efficiently. A purpose-built Managed Mobility Services platform will help you eliminate waste by weeding out no-use devices.
- Device Management. One of the most important functions of your MMS platform is the management of devices throughout their life cycle. Your Managed Mobility Services provider should help your business stage and kit devices with the features and specifications needed for each end-user. They can also execute large-scale rollouts of new devices or system-wide updates. At the end of your device life cycles, your mobile device management team can safely and securely recycle devices and eliminate no-use devices.
- Technical Support. Your full-service MMS provider will be able to service any and all technical support requests. Calero-MDSL staffs a 24/7/365 helpdesk to support our mobile customers throughout their engagement. This service is especially helpful for businesses that lack the infrastructure to receive service requests and technical assistance needs.
- Mobile Device Management Administration. Keep pace with the day-to-day administrative needs of your mobile device management setup using automated platforms such as AirWatch, MobileIron, and more. These advanced tools help your MMS team add and decommission devices, provision applications, and implement policies without the need for a large IT department.
Finding an enterprise mobility management service that fits your business cycle can reduce waste, cut spending, and increase efficiency for your mobile end users. Other benefits include:
- Reduce/remove the risk of ownership.
- Avoid the impact of planned obsolescence.
- Plan and predict your monthly spend per user.
- Centralize management of all devices, hardware, software, and managed services.
- Better visualize the details of your mobile engagement and vendor portfolio.
- Achieve greater control, maximize the efficiency of your company’s mobile environments.
- Grow capacity, increase flexibility without investing in costly hardware, facilities, operations, and personnel.
If you are getting the most out of your Managed Mobility Services platform, your business should see a significant return on investment in the area of mobile engagement. The larger your mobile fleet, the sooner your teams will receive, through an increase in their efficiency, the full value of the services provided.
Is your enterprise mobility management platform providing a big return on your mobile investment? Contact the team of MMS experts at Calero-MDSL to explore mobile solutions that fit the unique needs of your business.